Our Work | Abbey Road Studios
Recent work carried out at Abbey Road Studios using a Sika Proof system
Pre-applied, fully-bonded membrane system
As a pre-applied solution, the SikaProof®-A membrane system can easily be applied on the blinding concrete for the base slab and to the prepared vertical excavation wall, e.g. on diaphragm walls, piled walls, or similar. Alternatively it can be applied directly onto the outer interior side of double-faced formwork in open-cut excavation. In this type of project, the shuttering anchor / tie-bar penetration holes have to be sealed after removing the formwork.
Sikaproof can be used to waterproof all types of reinforced concrete basements and other below ground structures. Typical projects are:
- Residential and industrial buildings such as housing,commercial and leisure facilities
- Engineered structures such as retaining walls, tunnelshafts, cut and cover tunnels.
SikaProof®-A complies with BS 8102:2009 Type A construction.
The benefits of the SikaProof® system are:
- High durability
- No lateral water underflow
- High flexibility and crack bridging ability
- Cost effective solution
- Approved detailings
- Effective radon and methane barrier
- Quality backed by Sika warranty and a BBA certificate